Whale Tales

"I must down to the seas again, to the vagrant gypsy life,
To the gull's way and the whale's way where the wind's like a whetted knife;
And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow-rover,
And quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long trick's over."

— John Edward Masefield 'Sea Fever'.

Tacking Point Lighthouse Port Macquarie

A large pod of whales is frolicking off the coast of Port Macquarie right now.


Video from Cruise Adventures. Hope to hop on a cruise adventures boat over the next few days to see them up close like this.

How gorgeous to see them making their way up the coast and to be watching them from the lighthouse. What draws people to gather together to watch them, I wonder... They seem to touch something in our hearts when we stand together watching them swim and play together.

Had to laugh, this little fellow seemed to be watching them too

Is it a reminder on a deep level that we are all connected? I don't know what it is, but I know that I like being present when a group of people are gathering together watching the whales and dolphins swim.

Whale watching Port Macquarie

Whale image from: Port Macquarie Info