Lismore - Back Alley Gallery

You may recognise the heart sign from some of the Lismore flood news reports. At it's height, only the heart was visible. You'll find it not far from the entrance to the alley.

When we lived in Lennox Head some years ago now, we regularly visited the Lismore Art Gallery. Sadly it's still not back in action after the flood.

However you can still see some fantastic street art at the Back Alley Gallery.

Located in Eggins Street at Lismore, I'm sure you'll be impressed with the artist's talent.

Lismore was really quiet the day we visited. There are plenty of signs warning pedestrians about the uneven paths, where flood waters have lifted the ground levels.

The Back Alley is probably not a place I'd go on my own, and the day we were there a young local guy asked us if we were OK and if we needed any help to find our way. How lovely, the kindness of strangers, it was really appreciated.

I'm a bit of a vintage sci fi fan, so this one was a favourite.

This one reminded me of an album called Vulture Culture by The Alan Parsons Project, I played over and over when I drove around in my hot pink VW. click here for their Eye in the Sky song