Lennox Headland

We're back in NSW in gorgeous Lennox Head, and wondering why we ever left really. People we've run into on our walks have said it isn't the same anymore, but watching sunrise while sitting at the headland, and taking Harper for her walks, it still looks pretty gorgeous to us.

After waking early this morning, I decided to hop in the car and go and watch the sunrise. A few years back I would sit in the front yard of the house we renting looking out at this view. It was a delight every day, just like today was.

It was a walk back down memory lane this moring. When we first lived on the beachfront, the locals all used to walk their dogs along the entire beach, and there were no restrictions.

I remembered how I'd walk at dawn, with my tiny 2.5kg malti/chi Xena keeping me company. There's something about watching the sunrise over the ocean, that just gets the day off to such a good start.

I love the way the light touches the horizon at sunrise, this morning there was a lemon yellow light as the sun peeked from behind the clouds.