What would this world be like without dogs? Mary Oliver

"What would this world be like without dogs?" Mary Oliver

Mary Oliver reads from Dog Songs

Usually when we are asked to house sit, home owners are going away and need care for their beloved pets. I am posting this for the dog lovers among us, I hope you enjoy this reading by the late Mary Oliver.

Percy (One). Mary Oliver.

Our new dog, named for the beloved poet,
Ate a book which unfortunately we had
Left unguarded.
Fortunately it was the Bhagavad Gita,
Of which many copies are available.
Every day now, as Percy grows
Into the beauty of his life, we touch
His wild, curly head and say,
“Oh, wisest of little dogs.”

I'm going to take some inspiration from Mary Oliver and tell about it. Will you join me in writing about what you see in your every day life? The little moments that make up the day.

Our Pee Wees - Kareen F

It's a heatwave out there.
The birds even want to come inside.
The peewees are frowning at me
not letting them.
Instead I fill their water bowls
and they jealously guard it.
The air feels like soup to walk into.
And I wonder if it feels like soup
to fly in.

In fond memory of Mary Oliver.