A clean house is a happy house

My idea of superwoman is someone who scrubs her own floors. ~Bette Midler


Aromatherapy for cleaning.

One of my favourite things when cleaning is to add a couple of drops of my favourite essential oil to very hot water and then mop the floor.

I only just found out recently that there are contra-indications for essential oils that include pregnant women and animals - so do check first

Roses from a friend's garden with Kareen's artwork on wall in the background.

My favourite is tea tree to help kill bugs as well as to create a lovely smell, but I also love to use a bit of lavender diluted in water and wiped around bedroom window sills and rose oil is a delight as well. Lemon is lovely in the kitchen, and you can create a beautiful aroma throughout the house by simply steaming some water, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon in a bowl in the oven for a while.